The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. – Audrey Hepburn
If you are anything like me then you love spending time outdoors. Also, if you are like me then you love to spend time with your friends and loved ones. Doesn’t it make sense to spend time outdoors together?
Plan an Outdoor Date
Outdoor activities are many and date ideas are only limited by your imagination. You can play outdoors in all sorts of weather and plan dates doing activities in water, on snow, or even the dirt.
Go outdoors and spend time together.
Here are some fabulous articles written by outdoor bloggers to get you started:
- Surprise Your Sweetie With a Romantic Camping Trip (A Little Campy)
- How to Plan a Nature Date with Kids (Go Explore Nature)
- Take a walk or hike and then go eat fish tacos
- Plan a Family Hike
- The 5th Date: Getting Outside with Your Spouse (OutsideMom.com)
- Ideas for Outdoor Dates with Little Kids (OutsideMom.com)
- Grab a coffee and a friend and go walk and talk
- Love, Life, and a Good Burger: A Made for Adventure Marriage (Kid Project)
- Plan a Mother-Daughter Hike
- Outdoor Dates to Spice Things Up! (Tales of a Mountain Mama)
- Outdoor Date Ideas to Keep the Adventure Going Strong (Bring the Kids)
- Go out for Breakfast then Take a Walk
- 3 Ideas for Dating Your Alaskan Spouse (KTDontheGo!)
- Romantic Outings in Georgia (The Campy Mom)
Personalize, personalize, personalize
Now that you have a date idea in mind, personalize it.
- Pick a place that has sentimental meaning to you and your spouse? Did you become engaged or have your first date there?
- Bring a small, personal gift to give during your outing.
- Plan your date as a surprise.
- Bring a special snack to share.
- Cook your special snack over a campfire or backpacking stove.
- Have you seen those nature interpretive hikes (usually a short trail) and as you hike you come upon numbered posts and at each post you read a local fact about nature? Well, I think it would be fun to take your child on one of those hikes and after you read the fact also state a fact why you love them. Cute, right?
- Insert your idea here.
Remember: Don’t wait until the one time of year the calendar tells you to do something special with or for your loved ones. These ideas are for year-round adventures.
What outdoor dates do you have planned? Any good ideas I missed, please tell us about them in the comments.